It’s enough with the glazed ham, potato salad, champagne and definitely the chocolate. But don’t settle for boring salads either. Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless, and this vegan pineapple salad proves it. It’s everything your body needs – a hit of antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Also, avocado? Please, say no more.
Seared Pineapple Salad with Creamy Citrus Dressing
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Tbsp. minced shallots
- Pinch of salt
- 4 slices pineapple
- 1 avocado
- ½ fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cups fresh mixed green of choice
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar and combine with an immersion blender.
2. Add olive oil to large cast iron skillet on high heat. Let the pan heat up and then add pineapple to the pan. Allow to cook until pineapple is seared. Flip and repeat on the other side.
3. Once seared, remove pineapple from pan and add corn. Use a spatula to move corn around, allowing it to become charred; then remove from heat.
4. Take 2 salad bowls and fill with mixed greens and add 2 slices of seared pineapple and then continue to split the remaining salad ingredients (corn, pepitas, blueberries and avocado) between the two bowls.
5. Drizzle with as much dressing as desired.
This recipe was created by Erin Jensen, a Minneapolis based food photographer, food stylist and founder of the healthy food blog, The Wooden Skillet. Find her on Instagram @thewoodenskillet.
For more healthy recipes, you need to whip up this hemp vegan pizza and these coconut quinoa muffins.