We’re all currently trying to get through this horrible heatwave, which is why we needed to share this recipe with you ASAP. These healthy popsicles are free of gluten, dairy and added sugar. The coconut yoghurt adds a source of healthy fat, and sprouted chia seeds add a source of plant-based protein. They’re also the perfect recipe to use up those extra mangos you have lying around.
Mango & Sprouted Chia Yoghurt Icy poles
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Flesh of 1 large ripe mango, chopped
- 100ml Coyo coconut yoghurt
- 60ml Raw C Coconut Water
- 1½ tsp Fermentanicals Sprouted chia seeds
1. In a mixing bowl combine yoghurt, coconut water and chia seeds. Set aside for 10 minutes for chia seeds to swell.
2. In a blender or using a stick blender, puree mango flesh.
3. Spoon layers of mango puree followed by yoghurt mixture into popsicle/ice-block moulds.
4. Fill with remaining mango puree. You can leave as layers or use a skewer to gently poke into the mixture to create a swirl effect.
5. Freeze for 2 hours or until set.
This recipe was created by Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. You can purchase most ingredients from Healthy Life.
While you’re here, you need to check out these vegan peanut butter paddle pops and Jess Sepel’s apple, macadamia and coconut crumble recipe.