We know Monday’s aren’t the greatest things in life. We also know coffee (no matter how many you consume) won’t eliminate that #MondayMood… which is why we’re bringing you vegan french toast to turn that frown upside down.
Seriously, we don’t know if there’s any better way to start your week off on a high.
Vegan Chia Seed French Toast
Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 cup mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- 60 ml apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Chia Co. Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 heaping tbsp Chia Co. Chia Seeds ground into a fine meal so they’re undetectable
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or hemp milk
- Pinch thyme
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 slices bread
1. Place the berries, apple juice, chia seeds, hemp seeds, maple syrup, vanilla seeds and lemon zest in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds, just long enough to break up and combine everything.
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks.
3. Mix all ingredients except the bread in a large, shallow bowl. Place in the fridge to activate for 10-20 minutes.
4. Preheat griddle to medium heat and grease with olive oil.
5. Make a jam sandwich by buttering two slices of bread with chia jam then placing them together.
6. Dip and soak both sides of your jam sandwich in the batter for about 20 seconds on each side. If your bread is dry, leave it in a little longer. If you’re using sandwich bread, it should only need 25-30 seconds total to soak.
This recipe is courtesy of Bondi Harvest and The Chia Co.
While you’re here, you need to make this decadent keto chocolate fudge cake, and these vegan banana bread doughnuts.
Know someone who’d love this? Share it with them!