There’s only one bond that’s stronger than Harry and Meghan’s relationship: our love for dumplings.
To celebrate World Vegan Day, we’re sharing with you our favourite vegan dumpling recipe that will seriously knock your socks off.
The beautiful pillows of delight float in a spicy coconut broth (taste adjustable, of course), that will have you going back for seconds, and thirds… and fourths…
Vegan Dumplings with a Spicy Coconut Broth
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 8 minced mushrooms (oyster, button or shiitake mushrooms)
- 1⁄4 cup minced green cabbage
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp white pepper (add more to your liking)
- chili flakes
- sesame seeds
- wonton wrappers (make sure they are vegan!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons Califia Go Coconuts Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sriracha (less if you want less spicy!)
- 3/4-1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Start to make your dumpling mixture by shredded your carrots, garlic + ginger. Mince your mushrooms + mix in a bowl with sesame oil, soy sauce olive oil, white pepper, chili flakes, sesame seeds + salt & pepper to taste.
2. Make your dumplings by forming them in your favourite shape (you can do a triangle shape by just folding over or pleating the dumplings. You can do this by stuffing the dumpling, taking both sides together and slowly pleating the sides, folding over with both fingers to create each pleat).
3. Once all your dumplings are formed, toast the bottoms of the dumplings in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. In the meantime, make your broth by mixing your coconut milk, sriracha, vegetable broth, red chili flakes, sesame seeds, sesame oil + soy sauce in a saucepan until all the flavors are absorbed and it becomes a creamy broth.
4. Plate your dumplings + spoon over the broth, top with sesame seeds + green onions, serve + enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of Califia Farms.
For more delicious vegan recipes, you need to try these vegan snickers bars and this vegan chocolate mousse!
Know someone who’ll love this dessert? Share this article with them!