Making your lunches and snacks ahead of time guarantees you’ll have something healthy to eat during the busy workday that’s cheaper than takeout and tailored to your specific health goals. Low carb lunches are good options for anyone looking for time efficient and healthy lunch ideas.
This taco salad makes the perfect low carb meal prep for work!
Low Carb Taco Salad Meal Prep
Ready in 20 minutes
500g lean beef mince
1 packet taco seasoning (or to make your own use 1/2 tbsp cumin, 3/4 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp onion powder, 1/4 tbsp garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste)
150g lite shredded tasty cheese
4 tbsp lite sour cream
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 red capsicum diced
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 x 125g can corn kernels rinsed an drained
Extra virgin olive oil
- Add a splash of olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat and add mince beef. Use a spatula to break up the beef
- Add taco seasoning (or cumin, chilli powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper) and stir combine. Cook until ground beef is browned, remove from heat and set aside
- In 4 separate meal prep containers portion out shredded lettuce, shredded tasty cheese, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, corn, 1 tbsp sour cream, and ground beef mixture once it has cooled
- Note: You could jazz it up with avocado or add some kick with jalapeños!
Paleo Egg Cups
Egg Cups have become super popular because they are simple to make and handy to take with you in the morning. You can enjoy them cold or reheat them for a few seconds in the microwave.
Ready in 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Grease 12 cups of a regular muffin tin with coconut oil
- Lay a strip of bacon in each muffin cup, pushing down. It will over hang over the side
- Distribute the asparagus evenly throughout each cup
- Crack an egg in every cup
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes for soft eggs, 15-17 for hard eggs