These crepes have got to be the easiest way to enjoy delicious crepes without the sugar and carbs! What I love most is they celebrate good quality healthy fats, the ones that balance your hormones, manage blood sugar, and keep you feeling fuller, for longer, helping you reach your goals.
Low carb keto crepes
Makes 1-2 Large Crepes
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil, plus extra coconut oil for frying
- 1/8 teaspoon green-leaf stevia, or to taste, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon of grass-fed butter or nut butter of choice, to serve
- 1/4 cup blueberries, to serve
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, optional, to serve
1. Put all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and using a whisk, combine well to ensure you incorporate all of the liquids into the coconut flour, which is very absorbent.
2. Once you have a light and creamy batter, heat your non-stick healthy pan over medium heat and melt down the coconut oil you are going to cook with.
3. Once the pan is up to heat, pour your batter into the pan, giving the pan a little tilt to all angles in order to make a large round even circle.
4. Take your time cooking the pancake on this first side. The key before flipping is making sure that it is set. Once the edges are firm and the top has begun to firm up and become cooked, 4-5 minutes, gently flip using a spatula.
5. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and transfer to a plate for serving.
6. Dollop with your preferred butter, some blueberries and give a generous touch of lemon juice and lemon zest if using.
Note: These quantities are for one to two single serve pancakes as pictured, simply multiply your batch depending how many people you are cooking for.
This recipe is from Luke Hines’ 10 Week Program Meals. Mindset. Moves.