We all love avocado and we all love, love, love hot chips. So, it only seems logical that when you pair the two together you get the most magical creation ever.
Plus, when you add a little bit of garlic, basil, chili and some fresh lime to cut through the creaminess of the avo, you get a dish that is *actually* what dreams are made of.
Baked Avocado Fries
By Sam Wood for Australian Avocados
- 4 Shepard avocados (stoned, peeled, cut into wedges)
- 2 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 2 cups (150g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded (finely chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Cut the avocados into thick wedges and drizzle the lime juice over them.
2. Mix the panko crumbs, garlic, basil and chopped chilli in a bowl. You can also add salt and pepper here to taste.
3. Dip avocado in egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Place on baking paper on an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil or spray with olive oil spray.
5. Season with salt and pepper and your favourite herbs to taste.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden and crisp.