Summer is all about fresh ingredients that are full of flavour, and this prawn salad is exactly that.
Dish it up at your next Christmas party or enjoy it as a light lunch, it’s guaranteed this recipe will remain a staple all summer long.
Callum Hann’s Coconut Prawns with Mango, Cucumber and Mint Salad
Serves: 4 (light lunch or entrée)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Long red chili, finely sliced
- 3cm Piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 Bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 Bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 Cup bean sprouts
- ¼ Cup plain flour
- 1/3 Cup roasted peanuts
- ½ Cup shredded coconut
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Eggs, whisked together
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 Green mangoes, thinly sliced
- 12 Large prawns, peeled (tails intact) and deveined
1. To make the dressing, whisk lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, chili and ginger together in a bowl until sugar dissolves.
2. Combine cucumber, bean sprouts, coriander, mint, mango and peanuts. Pour over dressing and mix gently to combine.
3. Combine coconut and breadcrumbs on a large plate. Place flour and beaten eggs onto separate plates. Coat prawns in flour, then egg, then coconut mixture.
4. Set a Phillips Airfryer XXL to 200C. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until prawns are lightly golden and just cooked through. Alternatively, lightly pan fry the prawns. Serve prawns with mango, cucumber and mint salad.
For more delicious summer recipes, try this raw raspberry cheesecake or this delicious antioxidant-rich plum slice.